YOUR PRIVACY MATTERS
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide
We may ask you to provide personal information when you visit our Sites, use our products, respond to a survey, fill out a form, or in connection with other resources or services we make available to you from time to time. We do not intentionally collect any sensitive personal information relating to your health or medical history, political or religious beliefs, racial or ethnic origins, or sexuality as it is not necessary to any aspect of our relationship.
Information Collected Automatically
We may collect information to track how users are interacting with our Sites or social media pages and improve performance, through our automatic data collection tools. Some of these tools are necessary to the functionality of our Sites, while others help us make your visit to our Sites more efficient and comfy by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you in your next visit
Information Collected through our Products
The collection of some data, including personal information, may be necessary to the functionality of your Oob automation and networking systems. We receive information that you or your authorized installer inputs into your configuration when you install our products and systems, project file, which may include:
- The model and serial numbers of the Oob products installed;
- The version and type of any software installed
- The third-party devices services you integrate, including any usernames and passwords
- The names of the rooms where you have connected devices;
- Your zip code or time zone; and other information about your configuration.
Some of our products automatically receive data related to the functionality and use of the system, such as:
The time, type of use of the various components and frequency
History of your device settings including any adjustments you make, data from any sensors built into the Oob system or the products you integrate into the system; and
The type of media player you are using.
This project-specific data may be stored along with any account information you provide when you set up an account with Oob including your email and other contact information helpful to us to customize our communications to you, troubleshoot problems with your system or account, and improve the functionality of our products.
HOW THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
Oob may collect and use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the products and services;
- To enable the functionality of your personalized automation system a
- To provide you the improved products, services, and content on our Sites;
- To improve customer service and respond to requests.
- To register your system. (Note: we often first receive our end users’ information through the registration)
- To process orders, payments, warranty claims from our users, dealers,and distributors;
- To run promotions, contests, surveys, or similar features;
- To conduct market research to improve marketing campaigns,
- To allow our technical support personnel or registered dealer to remotely troubleshoot problems
- To contact you over the phone to discuss your account or respond to requests and questions;
- To send you periodic emails. We may use email addresses provided to us to send information and updates pertaining to accounts, purchases, surveys, or products. It may also be used to respond to inquiries and requests.
- For other purposes based on your consent.
We may also use and share the information in the aggregate to understand how our visitors and customers as a group use the resources provided on our Sites and improve our products with our partners.
We are committed to complying with applicable laws, will obtain your consent (withdrawable in the section “withdrawing consent”) when needed to the use of your personal information. Other processing of your personal information outside of consent will be solely for our authorized interest.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information and project data files are stored on Oob’s servers and the dedicated servers of companies we hire to provide us with processing and storage services. Oob continuously takes precautions against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access and evaluates threat and vulnerability data to further understand cyber-security risk. These technologies are designed to protect the confidentiality of your personal information over the Internet.
ACCESSING, MANAGING, AND UPDATING THE COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
According to law, Oob takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current by using the most recent information provided to us.
- Obtain a copy of your personal information held by us;
- Request the deletion or correction of personal information held by us; and
- Request that your personal information is shared with a third party.
If you wish to make a request related to accessing, deleting, updating, or transferring your personal information, please contact Oob as follows:
At various social platforms and websites, you have the option to opt-in to receive general communications from Oob. If you are opt-in, you may change your mind at any time and tell us that you do not wish to receive these general messages by
- By clicking on “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of any email you receive, or
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS